Saturday, December 24, 2011

Axelsmancave Chevy V6 Piston Wrist Pin Press - Homemade, DIY

Axelsmancave Chevy V6 Piston Wrist Pin Press - Homemade, DIY Tube. Duration : 1.57 Mins.


Here is my homemade piston wrist pin press. It works great to remove the pins on my 3100 Chevy 60 degree V6 piston pins from the connecting rods. I did some research and gave this a shot. I have three engines to disassemble and at .50 each this would cost me around 5.00. I'll always have this now and it doesn't take up much space. It is made of a Harbor Freight 12 ton hydraulic bottle jack a thick steel base plate, 3/4-6 acme threaded rod and a piece of 3" wide C- channel.

Keywords: Wrist Pin, Piston, Piston Pin, Press, Chevy, V6, 3100, 3.1 Engine, hydraulic, jack, harbor freight, 60 degree, connecting rods, Axelsmancave

No comments:

Post a Comment